Hello, this is _hiroyuki.ta. This time, I took a motorcycle tour from central Tokyo to Byobugaura, Chiba Prefecture. Byobugaura is a scenic spot that has been selected as one of Japan’s top 100 views. We will introduce its charm and route.
What is Byobugaura?
Byobugaura is a beach located in Asahi City, Chiba Prefecture. It got its name because the cliffs, which stretch for about 10km, look like a folding screen. There are many strange-looking rocks and caves created by sea erosion, and the sound of waves and wind can be heard comfortably. Sunrise and sunset are especially recommended, as the sun’s rays hit the screen and create a variety of expressions.
Route to Byobugaura
This time, we will take the Metropolitan Expressway Inner Loop Route/C1 from central Tokyo, then take the Metropolitan Expressway No. 7 Komatsugawa Line/Route 7, Keiyo Road, Chiba Togane Road/National Route 126, Chiba Section/Ken-O Expressway/Metropolitan Central Connecting Car. I went to Yokoshiba Hikari-cho Shibasaki via the road. From there, we headed to Byobugaura using the school line and Prefectural Route 30. Overall, there were many highways and I was able to drive comfortably. Along the way, I was able to enjoy the views of Tokyo Bay and the Boso Peninsula that can be seen from Keiyo Road.
Highlights of Byobugaura
Byobugaura is a 40m to 50m high sea cliff that stretches for approximately 10km from Naarai-cho, Choshi City, Chiba Prefecture to Cape Gyobu, Kaminagai, Asahi City, and has the following attractions.
- Spectacular location: The sheer cliffs that appear to have been carved out of the ground are said to be comparable to the “white walls” of Dover in the English Channel, and are also known as the “Dover of the East.” You can enjoy the impressive scenery and beautiful sea.
- Promenade: If you walk along the path that runs along Byobugaura from the nearby Choshi Marina Beach, you can see its majestic form up close.
- Photo spot: It often appears in various media such as movies, TV dramas, and commercials. However, please note that access to the top of the cliff is prohibited.
- Nearby tourist attractions include Choshi Marina Beach, Choshi Marine Research Institute, Choshi Marina, Tokai Shrine, and the Round Earth Observatory.
Please refer to this information and have a wonderful time at Byobugaura!
Byobugaura motorcycle parking lot
Byobugaura has several free and paid parking lots, but there is no parking lot exclusively for motorcycles, but there are free and paid parking lots, and the free parking lot requires you to use the space shared with cars. Masu.
- Free parking is available at Gyobu Misaki and Thom Marina Beach parking lots. This space is shared with cars, so please park in a place where it will not get in the way.
This time, I took a motorcycle tour from central Tokyo to Byobugaura, Chiba Prefecture. Byobugaura is a scenic spot that has been selected as one of Japan’s top 100 views. You can enjoy the beauty of natural formations such as sheer cliffs and strangely shaped rocks. You can also enjoy swimming and marine sports. If you go by bike, be sure to secure a parking spot. Byobugaura is close to Tokyo and easy to access, so be sure to visit it at least once.
Byobugaura English: Byobugaura