Hello, this is _hiroyuki.ta. This time, I toured on a Harley from a friend’s house in Ageo City, Saitama Prefecture to Toyosu, Tokyo. Speaking of Toyosu, it is famous for the new market that was relocated from Tsukiji Market in 2018, but there are many other things to see and enjoy. This time, I would like to introduce the route to Toyosu, highlights, motorcycle parking, etc.
Route to Toyosu
From Ageo City in Saitama Prefecture to Toyosu, use National Route 17 and the Shin-Omiya Bypass to Saitama City. From there, take Shuto Expressway No. 5 Ikebukuro Line, and at Ginza IC, enter Shuto Expressway Inner Loop Line. Arrive at Toyosu via Shin-Ohashi Street. The journey takes approximately one and a half hours and the distance is approximately 50km. Along the way, you can enjoy views of the Tokyo Sky Tree and Rainbow Bridge on the Shuto Expressway.
Highlights of Toyosu
Toyosu has a variety of attractions, including not only markets, but also shopping, gourmet food, art, and nature. Below are some recommended spots.
- Toyosu Market: One of the world’s largest wholesale markets, relocated from Tsukiji Market. The general public can also tour, but advance reservations are required. You can tour the tuna auction, the seafood wholesale market, the fruit and vegetable wholesale market, and more. There are also restaurants and souvenir shops within the market. You can enjoy fresh seafood bowls, sushi, fruits and vegetables, and more.
- Urban Dock LaLaport Toyosu: A large commercial facility that can be called a Toyosu landmark. There are about 180 stores here, and you can enjoy shopping for fashion, miscellaneous goods, home appliances, interior decoration, and more. There are also plenty of restaurants and cafes, where you can enjoy a variety of gourmet foods such as Japanese, Chinese, and Italian. There is also Kidzania Tokyo, where children can gain work experience.
- teamLab Planets TOKYO: A huge immersive space created by teamLab, which creates art works using technology. The boundary between yourself and the artwork becomes blurred, and you can experience a strange feeling as if you have stepped into the artwork. You can walk barefoot through seven works with themes such as water, light, and flowers.
- Toyosu Gururi Park: A park built around Toyosu Market. You can take a stroll while enjoying the vibrancy of the market and the waterside scenery. The park also has lawns, benches, and playground equipment.
Toyosu motorcycle parking lot
There are several motorcycle parking lots in Toyosu. Below are some recommended motorcycle parking lots.
- Urban Dock LaLaport Toyosu Bicycle Parking Lot: This is a bicycle parking lot located on the premises of LaLaport Toyosu. It is located on the left side of the main entrance and on the Tokyu Hands side. It is free for the first 3 hours after entering the warehouse, and 200 yen will be charged for every 5 hours after that. There are a total of 63 units.
This time, I toured on a Harley from Ageo City, Saitama Prefecture to Toyosu, Tokyo. Toyosu has many attractions, including not only markets, but also shopping, gourmet food, art, and nature. There are several motorcycle parking lots, but it’s best to check in advance. Toyosu is attracting attention as the new face of Tokyo, but it is also a city where you can experience the culture of the good old Edo period. Please come and visit us at least once.